We're proud to call Des Moines a little-big city - it provides a hometown, welcoming vibe where residents feel safe to live and want to raise their families, but has the world-class amenities, career options, shopping and entertainment of a large city without the hassles, congestion, pollution and logistical difficulties in getting around.
We invite you to come see what Des Moines has to offer and why so many consider it a hidden gem.
- The greater Des Moines area grew by 1.6 percent in 2018, according to population estimates released by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Des Moines' median age is about 34, a sign that more and more younger professionals are calling the Des Moines area home.
- The Des Moines metro boasts a 19-minute commute time.
- Des Moines is ranked as one of the top cities in which to live and work.
- Ranked #3 top city for new college graduates (SmartAsset, 2015). The ranking compared the capital city in the areas of jobs, affordability, and the amount of fun to the largest cities in the country.
- Ranked the Best Affordable Place to Live in the U.S. according to U.S. News & World Report 在2017年。
- 更多 than 75 percent of Des Moines residents say they are proud of their community.
- Omaha, Nebraska - 2 hours, 139 miles
- Kansas City, Missouri - 3 hours, 194 miles
- Minneapolis, Minnesota - 3.5 hours, 244 miles
- Chicago, Illinois - 5 hours, 346 miles
- St. Louis - 5.5 hours, 348 miles